Presenting my first stab at the 101/1001 challenge. Are you up for it?
Check it out to see if it gives you any ideas. If you see something you think would make a good blog post, let me know in the comments. I also welcome any tips you might have! Wish me luck!
November 14, 2012 to August 12, 2015
I made general categories to make reference easier. Here we go, in no particular order. Deep breath…
- 1. Go on at least a monthly date with Shea done: Dec, Jan
- 2. Finish The Child Whisperer and type each of us
- 3. Start using driving time to talk to the kids, rather than drowning them out with the radio. this is going great, we have developed a car version of truth or dare that has us laughing and interacting a lot!
- 4. Take the kids moose watching in Brighton at least twice a year
- 5. Make homemade tortillas with the kids
- 6. Start a notebook exchange with each kid
- 7. Enforce the “five minute pickup” before bed Going great! It makes life so much better and gives us an interaction right before bed.
- 8. Teach the girls to braid their own hair. Have fun styling each other!
- 9. Interview kids on their birthdays. Write down their favorites, measurements, goals and wishes.
- 10. When I am really mad/frustrated at the kids, drop it and do something unexpected instead. working on it. Had a few successes.
- 11. Write Shea more love notes and hidden treats. (hope he doesn’t read this) I found a stash where he saves them. Sweet!
Find and buy Bed knobs and Broomsticks, Pollyanna, Swiss Family Robinson to watch with the kiddos
- 13. Paint the downstairs
- 14. Finally install the kids light fixtures and photograph the kids room….while they are clean
- 15. Let kids help design and paint the toy room
16. Turn half the toy room into a sewing room
- 17. Insulate storage room and turn into cold storage (or build a root cellar?)
- 18. Clean the garage, reinstall the ceiling shelving that caved in
- 19. Make my bed everyday So far, I have only missed one day!
20. Green smoothie (or juice) every day
- 21. Chia everyday
- 22. Sole every day, first thing in the morning
- 23. Make and post a list of junk food I can live without forever
24. Switch to natural deodorant
- 25. Don’t drink soda…especially my beloved Dr Pepper! last drink Dec 28th
- 26. Go a whole month without Fast food of any kind. Then go from there.
- 27. Rewrite my favorite Freezer meals to include only whole, unprocessed foods
- 28. Do a monthly juice fast…at least 2 days Done Nov, Dec
- 29. Stretch morning and night doing it!
- 30. Interval training at least 3 X week; cardio at least 2 X Doing it! feeling better!
- 31. Take a yoga class
- 32. Find a sprouted bread recipe I like
- 33. Learn about sourdough starts
- 34. Learn to like Kefir, Learn to ferment foods (and like it)
Make the kids lunches for school at least 4 days a week.Better, I do all five! No more school lunches!
- 36. Pray out loud in the morning and at night doing it
- 37. Practice “inserting a space” before I speak with a raised voice. I suck at this
38. Stop swearing hmmm, a small decrease so far?
- 39. Write down my most inspiring, spiritual or uplifting moments so I have a record of them
- 40. Write letters to Uncle Nick aver 2 weeks minimum while he is on his mission
- 41. Start preparing Sunday lessons a week in advance doing it!
- 42. Introduce myself to new people at church
- 43. Read more about different religious figures Buddha, Mother Theresa, Dalai Lama, Muhammad, Confucius, Lao Tsu, Gandhi…and compile another quote book.
- 44. Start planning “Dana day” service project in January
- 45. Send thank you cards out Doing it!
- 46. Write a random thinking of you card once a month (First Sunday?) Mail it.
- 47. Read Bible cover to cover again
- 48. Read Book of Mormon cover to cover again
- 49. Submit an article to a church publication
- 50. Get student loans paid off
- 51. Be free of credit debt
- 52. Learn how to invest in stocks.
- 53. Generate extra income from home without taking time away from the kids
- 54. Always be home when the kids walk in from school only missed one day so far, by 5 minutes
- 55. Make a hot breakfast or a green smoothie for the kids breakfast every day
- 56. Invite a kid to help each time I cook, involve them doing better
- 57. Take each kid on a field trip with their class
- 58. Teach Zaida to write her full name before she starts kindergarten
- 59. Make myself a chore chart that works
- 60. Fix the pile of holey clothes on my sewing machine
- 61. Turn off the lights and lockup when I leave the house
- 62. Figure out how to roll over my Roth IRA
- 63. Solar power to the barn
- 64. Heated watering system for animals
- 65. Plant Jerusalem Artichokes and sunflowers in field; harvest
- 66. Stage an emergency power outage, weekend no power
- 67. Figure out how to use rabbit pelts
- 68. Trim the shingles on the barn roof
- 69. Get a beehive or co-op with someone
- 70. Turn the deck into a greenhouse
- 71. Finish the Grape Trellis
- 72. Make goat milk soap
- 73. Make homemade lotion and chapstick
- 74. Use the rain barrel that is just sitting in the garage
Spread the comfrey the line of the front fence, use it in garden and with livestock
- 76. Store water for emergencies and make 72 hours kits for each member of the family
Can or freeze homemade stock and broth (never throw away bones!)
- 78. Find and try more rabbit recipes
- 79. Get gooseberries and currants going
- 80. Plant sweet potatoes and learn to cure them
- 81. Create a plot to grow corn complete with scarecrows
- 82. Investigate gray water collection
- 83. Get rid of harsh chemical cleaners in the house, replace with natural ones
- 84. Make mozzarella and feta
- 85. Get a back up generator for the deep freezer
- 86. Teach kids to milk the goats on their own
- 87. Establish a thriving strawberry patch
- 88. Get a weathervane for the barn.
Help Damon start his worm/mealworm farm
- 90. Perfect my sprouting system. Harvest micro greens
- 91. Throw a Purple Barn Party for the neighbors
- 92. Write regularly on a blog…once a week so far so good!
- 93. Complete wild edibles/foraging class
- 94. Take course on web design
- 95. Hike the Narrows
- 96. Organize photos, print photo albums by years
- 97. Go rock climbing
- 98. Get my tattoo touched up (if you’re going to have one, it should look nice, right?)
- 99. Go snowshoeing in the moonlight with Shea
- 100. Make a raw lasagna
- 101. Start writing down original recipes with measurements so I can make another cookbook…this time a healthy one!
And there it is. What’s on your list? Keep in touch on the Facebook page and lets see how many of these we can get checked off!